coolio reuters

Singer Coolio plays ahead of a panel dialogue on his new Oxygen Community fact sequence “Coolio’s Regulations” on the NBC Common summer season 2008 press excursion in Beverly Hills, California July 20, 2008. Symbol: Reuters/Fred Prouser

LOS ANGELES—Grammy-winning rapper Coolio died from a fentanyl overdose, his supervisor mentioned on Thursday, April 6, six months after the musician used to be discovered useless at a chum’s house in Los Angeles at age 59.

Born Artis Leon Ivey Jr., Coolio used to be very best identified for his 1995 unmarried “Gangsta’s Paradise,” from an album of the similar identify.

That track, a large hit featured within the movie “Bad Minds,” received a Grammy Award for very best rap solo efficiency the next 12 months.

Coolio’s supervisor, Jarez Posey, mentioned the rapper’s circle of relatives were knowledgeable on Thursday by means of the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Place of business that the singer had died from a fentanyl overdose.

The coroner’s place of job didn’t right away reply to a request for remark from Reuters.

Posey mentioned the rapper’s kids deliberate to honor their father in long term documentary and picture initiatives.

Born in Pennsylvania in 1963, Coolio started appearing as a part of the West Coast hip-hop scene after transferring to Compton, California.

He launched his debut album, “It Takes a Thief,” in 1994, scoring a Most sensible Ten hit with the only “Lakeside.” AP/ra


Your subscription may now not be stored. Please take a look at once more.

Your subscription has been a success.

Learn Subsequent

Do not fail to see the most recent information and data.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get get admission to to The Philippine Day-to-day Inquirer & different 70+ titles, proportion as much as 5 units, pay attention to the inside track, obtain as early as 4am & proportion articles on social media. Name 896 6000.

For comments, court cases, or inquiries, touch us.

Supply By means of https://leisure.inquirer.web/493959/rapper-coolio-died-from-fentanyl-overdose-manager-says